Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm back!

Well, I am back from beautiful Britain (yes, still addicted to alliteration!) and I am buzzed! Seriously, I had a wonderful time and may even share some pics when I get them back. Mostly I was in Stratford-upon-Avon, so named because the town straddles both sides of the Avon River. The town where my friend lives is called Welford-on-Avon because it is located on only one side of the river. Betcha didn't know that didja? Oh friends, I am full of such trivial information but will not bore you with it! ;)

The best thing about the trip though was the time spent with friends - and one in particular. This next bit should be subtitled "Ode to Meryl." I have known her since I was 12 years old when she was briefly in Canada teaching music to kilted brats such as me. Not only did I go on to major in music but I also found myself inextricably drawn to God, and look where that's gotten me!

It's astounding to think that this friend has known me since I was 12 yrs old and we have weathered 32 yrs of life to become true friends. I'm sure we can all remember people who have had profound and lasting impacts on our lives and I am so grateful to still have one that continues to be a part of my life. The thing about Meryl is that she makes me want to be my best self, while I simultaneously feel like I am being my best self just by desiring to be. Can't explain it any better than that I'm afraid. The reason I mention it is that I'm quite sure she has absolutely no idea of the effect and influence she has had and continues to have on me. And how does she wield such power? By doing 2 things: loving me enough to let me be completely me, and by always considering me.

These are 2 such simple gifts but they change everything. Hope that as Christmas approaches, we all find ourselves blessed with these gifts and are re-inspired to give them to others. OK, that's it from Pollyanna--just couldn't help myself! :D

10 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, November 29, 2006, Blogger Gunfighter said...

"...she makes me want to be my best self, while I simultaneously feel like I am being my best self just by desiring to be."

There it is... in a nutshell, my friend.

Welcome back!

Glad you had a good time.

GF

 
At 9:50 AM, November 29, 2006, Blogger Trop said...

It's good to see you posting again. You make me smile

 
At 9:55 AM, November 29, 2006, Blogger Middle Girl said...

Welcome back! Glad your trip was so enjoyable.

Happy Day.

 
At 10:23 AM, November 29, 2006, Blogger The Mad Hatter said...

Nice to have to back Ms sunshine - you were missed :-)

Love and kisses XxXxXxXxXxX

 
At 8:41 AM, November 30, 2006, Blogger Zanne said...

Thanks GF! :D

Trop, I'm glad! Hugs!

Only D, thanks, right back atcha! ;)

Maddie, missed you too.

 
At 12:40 AM, December 01, 2006, Blogger Deb said...

Hi Zanne,

It's a wonderful trait in a person when they can bring out the best in people and see what their self worth is. It's important to surround yourself around people like your friend. You're very blessed...and I am sure she is as well!

Glad you're back!!! :)

 
At 10:09 AM, December 01, 2006, Blogger Zanne said...

Hi Deb, yes I too think it important to surround ourselves with those who spur us on to our best selves! Good to see you! :D

 
At 4:15 PM, December 01, 2006, Blogger SassyFemme said...

So glad you had a great trip, and glad to have you back. Meryl sounds like a very special friend to have in your life, the kind of person that everyone should have in their life.

 
At 1:12 AM, December 02, 2006, Blogger KMae said...

So glad you are back with your "batteries" well charged!

 
At 12:44 PM, December 03, 2006, Blogger Zanne said...

Sassy, glad to be back! ;)
I am indeed blessed by my friendship with M. as I am also with the newer additions to my circle of friends! Thanks for being you!

KMae, thanks! Hope your batteries are in the process of being recharged too! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Web Site Counter