Monday, February 12, 2007

It was a good week

























Wow, it's been a while (thanks to Shirlie for pointing that out to me! Smooches!)

Let's see, here are all the things I meant to write about:

Feb 3rd--Happy Birthday to my wonderful sister! How blessed am I to have a close sister and best friend!

Feb 5th--Got my first "big-girl bed." I am officially, at least in my mind, now an adult! Hard to believe but this 44 year old has slept on a twin her whole life, so this switch to queen size is actually huge for me! (I was actually so excited about it that I took a picture and was going to do a whole post on it, and then I thought about the cracks that would inevitably come my way! Oh, and Syd darling, you are sooo banned from any comments on this one--remember my mother reads my blog!) ;)

Feb 6th--This marked my 19th Anniversary of being in NYC! Seems like a life time ago and yesterday at the same time! I think about all the things I've been through since moving here and my head spins (not in that rotating, vomiting, exorcist kind of way, but still...)

Then most of last week was spent doing my taxes and filling out forms and questionnaires in preparation for applying for financial aid for school. Can we say "fun?"

And so, what is on the agenda for this week so far? Well Wednesday is my admissions audition, uh I mean interview to the NYC seminary. The fact that it is also Valentine's Day kind of cracks me up! Not exactly my first choice about how to celebrate that day!

Then on Friday I'm driving down to Alexandria to visit the last seminary on the list. Although this school is not my first choice, it still has a lot to offer so I'm going to go check it out. Truthfully though, the thing I'm most excited about is seeing some friends while I'm down there!

Oh and lastly, did anyone see last week's Oprah about "The Secret?" I found it profoundly encouraging and very inspiring. There were many things about it that struck me but I think the things that really struck me were the practice of gratefulness and the principle of abundance. I am so acutely aware right now of all that I have to be grateful for, which is everything! Life is good and a gift and I am grateful!

12 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, February 12, 2007, Blogger Gunfighter said...

Woo Hoo!

 
At 3:34 PM, February 12, 2007, Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Happy belated birthday, S! :)

Out of respect for your dear, sweet mother I shall refrain from commenting about your "big girl bed" and your "cracks."

Taxes. How festive that must've been.

Congrats on your anniversary.

Dare I query about your first choice to celebrate V-Day? Nevermind. Question withdrawn. V-Day is beyond ridiculous. It's ridiculi, which is an abundance of ridiculousness.

Virginia over NYC? Talk about ridiculi. ;)

Yes, I did see the episode re the "The Secret." A good theory but I don't believe it's always effective.

 
At 4:13 PM, February 12, 2007, Blogger Trop said...

How do you spell fun? F-A-F-S-A.

I've missed you girl!

Congratulations on your "big girl" bed. I hope you put it to VERY good use.

 
At 8:54 AM, February 13, 2007, Blogger Zanne said...

Gunfighter, woo hoo indeed! ;)

Bent, thank you for refraining (I can only imagine! -- I thank you, my mother thanks you!)

Trop, that's exactly how it was spelled!!! Actually it wasn't all that bad but I have a feeling it's the tip of the iceberg. The one thing that keeps me going is that I know millions have gone through it before me. :D

 
At 9:04 PM, February 13, 2007, Blogger SassyFemme said...

Okay, so I want to see the emails that Syd sends you since it can't be posted here! ;)

Good luck with the interview tomorrow (will you still have it w/the snow?), and enjoy your visit to Alexandria. I know you'll end up whereever it is that you're meant to be.

 
At 11:33 PM, February 13, 2007, Blogger KMae said...

Okay. Why a twin bed for so long????

 
At 11:26 AM, February 14, 2007, Blogger Bex said...

I totally want to see pics of your new bed!
My folks just sold their home in the beaches and are getting rid of some furniture.
I've got dibs on a queen bed and I am pretty darn excited. So much room! You could sleep like a starfish.
I'll post my pics, if you post yours!
Good luck on the interview!

 
At 2:01 PM, February 14, 2007, Blogger Middle Girl said...

Congrats on all your gifts. Good luck with your interview.

 
At 11:00 AM, February 15, 2007, Blogger Zanne said...

Sassy, all quiet on the S-front :P! Had the interview and it went very well. I'll actually know next Thursday! DC here I come! :D

KMae, uh, no life? ;)

Bex, hey cutie! I'll send the pic to you and I definitely want to see pics of yours! LOL at the starfish image--it's soooo true! Hugs!!!!

Only D, thanks and thanks! :D

 
At 10:36 PM, February 15, 2007, Blogger Syd said...

I would just like to point out that I have successfully STFU. So far.

But, I can't wait to tell you all the things that I wanted to say :P

 
At 6:27 PM, February 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing about the trip to Maryland and Virginia.
Love

 
At 1:17 PM, February 20, 2007, Blogger Zanne said...

Syd, what a good girl you are! Can't wait to hear what you might have said if you hadn't been exercising such exquisite restraint! ;)

Shirlie, thanks! Hugs!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Web Site Counter