Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Breathing again
















Sorry to make you look at my picture so long (and no, that is not my body in the above shot!).

I pretty much spent the entire month getting together my applications for ivy-league-school-in-CT, and oldest-Episcopal-seminary here in NYC, so if I seemed a tad more distracted than usual, that is why!

There was the usual gathering of transcripts and letters of recommendation, but the really consuming part was writing the all important autobiography, and in the case of CT-school, a writing sample. I had a great deal of help in terms of fine tuning what I wanted to say and how I actually said it. I want to publically thank two people that slogged through the process with me, lending me their experience, intelligence, and kind generosity. My deepest gratitude to Bent Fabric, and DC Rush Hour!! You ladies rock!!!

It's been an interesting process trying to decide where I will go to school. I keep going back and forth. I suspect February may get dubbed the "ping pong month." But as someone said to me the other day, it's a win-win situation, and I heartily agree! More later...

11 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, January 30, 2007, Blogger Kasey said...

Always good to have a wonderful support system. I know first hand. Best of luck in your decision-making. Look forward to learning where you'll be learning. ;o)

 
At 4:25 PM, January 30, 2007, Blogger Trop said...

Another few steps forward. I'm really excited for you.

 
At 7:20 PM, January 30, 2007, Blogger Janet Kincaid said...

Zanne: You're too kind. Frankly, I think I owe you a thank you! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you on your autobiography and your essay. Both were well written and engaging, as well as insightful. I can't wait to see where you land!

 
At 9:04 PM, January 30, 2007, Blogger SassyFemme said...

Fabulous that you got your applications done! I know when I have to do my application to grad school I'll be talking to you for help! As for where you'll go, I know that in the end you'll be wherever it is that you're meant to be, and I have no doubt you'll be very happy there. Of course the selfish part of me would love you to be at the CT school! ;)

 
At 11:59 PM, January 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your forward progress! I'll pray for your continued discernment on the where to go bit. I have absolutely no useful advice there (I've been known to consult the Magic 8 Ball - but not to actually follow the advice it gave). Perhaps a trip out west would clear your head, providing useful perspective! ;)

 
At 7:51 AM, January 31, 2007, Blogger Gunfighter said...

Good for you, Zanne! and good on those that helped you!

 
At 8:48 AM, January 31, 2007, Blogger Zanne said...

Kasey, thanks for the good wishes! :D

Trop, I appreciate that my friend, thank you!

JMK, uh no, the thanks goes ALL to you! :) As for where I land, that will be interesting to be sure! Thank you again!

Sassy, I am here to help in any way I can. :)

Merryn, yes please on the prayers, and yes please not according to the Magic 8 Ball! (you crack me up!) Hmmm, "go west young girl" does have a nice ring to it!

GF, thank you kind sir! :D

 
At 12:08 AM, February 03, 2007, Blogger KMae said...

Congrats for going thru that process. It sounds grueling, good friends are treasures. So where are thinking about choosing at the moment???

 
At 10:40 AM, February 03, 2007, Blogger Middle Girl said...

The excitement is growing as you complete each step. Congratulations to you and -yay!- to your helpers.

 
At 11:22 AM, February 09, 2007, Blogger Deb said...

Hi! I just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing. Terrific that you got your applications done and out of the way! I hope everything works out for you!

Enjoy your weekend!

 
At 12:49 PM, February 12, 2007, Blogger Zanne said...

KMae, you are so right about friends being treasures! I think my first choice is the ivy-league school in CT. (Am purposely not mentioning names so that I don't end up being a hit--obscure as it would be--on some google search or something.) Will keep ya posted! :D

Only D, hey thanks for the encouragement and being along for the ride!

Deb, thanks for stopping by! Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Web Site Counter