Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It's Wednesday, so she must have posted...



Just noticed that many of my posts are on Wed. Wonder if there's some internal blog clock going, "ding ding ding, wake up and post something!"

Anyhoo, Happy New Year Everyone! (Hey it's only the 3rd, so chill!) In fact, I could still be wishing you all a Merry Christmas as the season of Christmas does not actually end until Epiphany, which is Jan. 6th. (more trivia no one asked for--all part of my charm!)

Not much to say. Got back from Canada on the weekend and then did nothing. This was disappointing in many ways. I'd meant to get the writing sample done for my application to "illustrious CT school" as well as the autobiographies that both seminaries require. But did I write? Nope! Did zilch, nada, nothing. Did learn something interesting about my psyche though. I tend to avoid things at which I'm not sure I will succeed. There's a secret tiny voice that wants to be brilliant, and of course recognized as such, but doesn't want to test it out because it,
a) might not be brilliance at all,
b) might need to be fine tuned into something resembling brilliance (and I am NOT a patient person)
c) might be dismissed or misunderstood.

Well time to get over this interesting little anomaly!!! I did however, get my references organized and chased down the transcripts yesterday, so I haven't been a complete slug! This is going to be one interesting year...

8 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, January 03, 2007, Blogger Bent Fabric said...

...wants to be brilliant....?

Oh you poor naive woman, you already are! :)

Hugs!

 
At 1:56 PM, January 03, 2007, Blogger Trop said...

Happy New Year Zanne!

You ARE brilliant, and I have no doubt your writing sample and autobiography will impress all who read.

 
At 6:04 PM, January 03, 2007, Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Does the following sound familiar?

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

 
At 9:11 PM, January 03, 2007, Blogger Syd said...

Well, if you are afraid that it's going to be overlooked, I can help you add some uh...colorful language. You'll get noticed alright.

 
At 6:23 AM, January 04, 2007, Blogger SassyFemme said...

Zanne, Zanne, Zanne, all it took us here is one read of your blog and we all KNEW you were brilliant. We believe in you, now YOU need to believe in you. (Sound familiar?!?!) Hugs sweet brilliant one!

 
At 9:18 AM, January 04, 2007, Blogger Zanne said...

Bent, so now I'm delusional AND naive?!!!! ;)

Hey Trop, thank you and thanks for the vote of confidence! Hugs!

Bent, I acknowledge that I have been zinged! My humble thanks! xo

Syd, always thinking of how you can help and benefit others--just love that about you! :D

Sassy, ahh you just made me feel hugged! Thanks dear friend! Big Hug!

 
At 11:52 AM, January 04, 2007, Blogger Janet Kincaid said...

I do the same thing and doubt my abilities. I'm my own worst enemy and it sucks! Listen to your friends. You're an excellent writer and should have no problem putting together an autobiography.

As someone who spent a semester on the application selection committee at the Church Divinity School of the Pacific, I can tell you, the writing sample is your opportunity to tell your story in your words and validate all of those wonderful letters of recommendation you include in your packets. When I was evaluating applications, I placed things in this order in importance: letters of recommendation, personal statements, grades, GREs. And, if the person came in for a personal interview, I weighted that very heavily as well in terms of personality (not in terms of whether they felt called or not. That, I felt, wasn't for me to judge and was between the candidate and God.)

Good luck with your apps! You'll do very well, I've no doubt!

 
At 8:55 AM, January 05, 2007, Blogger Zanne said...

Janet, wise words from some one who knows--thank you! I can only hope the people evaluating me have a similar attitude to yours. Thanks and will be in touch. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Web Site Counter