Friday, August 04, 2006

One Hundred Things About Me

...do please try not to yawn!

  1. I am 47.
  2. My birthday is Bastille Day.
  3. I was born in Miami.
  4. I grew up in Toronto.
  5. I grew up in a household of women.
  6. My grandmother (Nanny) lived with us and was a wonderful cook.
  7. I still miss her.
  8. My parents divorced when I was 5.
  9. I have one sister and she’s one of my favourite people on the planet.
  10. My mother just turned 83 and she got married last year to a wonderful man.
  11. My father died of cancer in ’95.
  12. I am a Cancer.
  13. I love swimming and my favourite spot on earth is our cottage.
  14. I went to an all girls school.
  15. I have a Bachelor of Music in Performance for Voice.
  16. I sang the soprano solo in the Brahm’s Requiem with orchestra when I was 19.
  17. I have done the soprano solos in the Faure and Mozart Requiems as well.
  18. I came to NYC to do musical theatre.
  19. It didn’t pan out.
  20. I have done Gilbert & Sullivan roles and various musical theatre roles in community theatre type environments though.
  21. The best work I ever did on stage was as Princess Puffer in “The Mystery of Edwin Drood”.
  22. My favourite colour has always been purple.
  23. I also love blue and green.
  24. I love to swim.
  25. I can slalom water ski (or at least I used to!).
  26. I came out a little over 5 years ago.
  27. I love to read—always have.
  28. I also inherited an intense love for movies from my mom.
  29. A bonding moment for us was her taking me to see “Random Harvest” when I was 12.
  30. I also got to know the old musicals because of Mom.
  31. I have never been married and I have no children.
  32. I do have 2 amazing god children though who are in their twenties.
  33. I love children and they love me.
  34. I love to laugh, and some people think I’m funny. ;)
  35. I thought about being a nun.
  36. I’ve been to Bulgaria and Greenland.
  37. I am highly intuitive.
  38. I talk to strangers because they’re always talking to me!
  39. I hate being misunderstood.
  40. I’m trying to get used to it since it seems to happen quite a bit! :)
  41. I am single but hoping…
  42. I like my life.
  43. I heard Ella Fitzgerald in concert.
  44. I play the piano but not as well as I used to.
  45. I thought I wanted to be a hospital chaplain.
  46. That put me on the path to becoming a priest.
  47. It’s in the plans for me to be ordained in March 2010.
  48. I miss my family in Canada.
  49. I got paid to dance as a Trillium in a show once.
  50. I was also a nanny for newborn twins.
  51. My favourite job was working as an attendant in a group home for physically disabled young adults.
  52. I’ve been in NYC for 21 ½ years.
  53. I wrote songs as a teenager and don’t remember any of them.
  54. I love pine trees especially the ones with soft needles.
  55. I love coastlines with bluffs overlooking the sea.
  56. I’m particularly fond of British actresses, my favourites being Maggie Smith, Dame Judi Dench, and Emma Thompson (I think she’s incredibly sexy, not to mention brilliant).
  57. I am an Episcopalian.
  58. I am a passionate person.
  59. I love puppies!
  60. I was a Buffy addict when it was in reruns.
  61. I almost never catch a series on its first run!
  62. I was also a West Wing addict.
  63. Loved Allison Janney because she’s smart, funny, and a nut (oh yeah, and gorgeous!).
  64. I was a Xena addict before I realized I was gay (how obtuse was that!)
  65. I can and do laugh at myself on a regular basis.
  66. People have always told me their secrets.
  67. I’ve never really felt like I belonged.
  68. I feel less like that and experience much less depression since coming out.
  69. I am not a domestic goddess but have deep respect for those who are!
  70. I’m an idealist and romantic.
  71. I’m very sensitive and have an artist’s personality.
  72. I don’t seem to see things the same way as others.
  73. I love beauty.
  74. I love dark chocolate.
  75. I love all kinds of food—variety is the spice of life!
  76. I love all kinds of people—homogeneity does nothing for me.
  77. I am more awed by kindness and wisdom than worldly success.
  78. One of my dearest dreams is world peace.
  79. No I have never been a contestant in a beauty pageant!
  80. I believe in mystery.
  81. and in Mystery.
  82. I dream of being an agent of love, acceptance, and grace in the world.
  83. I dream of being with someone with whom I can pour out the love inside me.
  84. I believe in being true to myself because it’s the only way I can see being true to God and what S/He’s made me to be.
  85. I feel like an expert in grief.
  86. I saw when the first plane hit the Twin Towers on 9/11.
  87. I will not be seeing the movie about it.
  88. I believe that revenge only perpetuates violence.
  89. I get lost sometimes.
  90. I have the best friends in the world.
  91. I am deeply loved.
  92. The only part of me that’s ever been broken is my heart.
  93. I am pretty transparent.
  94. I’m hoping that anyone reading this is still awake.
  95. The first movie I ever saw was “The Sound of Music”.
  96. I love my naps.
  97. I’m desperate for this list to be done.
  98. I have two middle names.
  99. My eyes are green.
  100. I love to travel…so I’m outta here! Bubye!

12 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, August 04, 2006, Blogger Unbalanced said...

Wow that was really cool! I'm impressed, mostly because I don't think I could complete a list of 100 things about me, lol. You have two middle names? That is so cool. All 3 of my children have 2 middle names too. :)

 
At 4:06 PM, August 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son has two middle names too. That's how we refer to it anyway. It was a combination of my maiden name and his dad's last name, but we had the dash taken out. So now it's just two middle names.

Your list was anything but sleep-provoking! Good job!

 
At 5:46 PM, August 04, 2006, Blogger SassyFemme said...

I really enjoyed reading this. You seem like such a nice, genuine person.

 
At 12:14 AM, August 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all that. So many things I didn't know...

 
At 7:33 AM, August 05, 2006, Blogger Zanne said...

UnB - Hey thanks! Interesting that you gave your children 2 middle names. I got mine because I was supposed to be the only child so I got named after the grandmothers!

Kriss - Thanks for stopping by and staying awake! :)

Sassy - Thanks, I've certainly thought the same of you for quite some time! :)

Merryn - so many things I didn't know either! LOL! It's an interesting exercise, you should try it! And of course then send it to me! :)

 
At 9:20 AM, August 06, 2006, Blogger Trop said...

Zanne, thank you so much for doing this. I loved reading your list. I think you are fascinating.

 
At 10:36 AM, August 07, 2006, Blogger Zanne said...

Hello T! Glad you liked it and thanks for the compliment *blushes*. I think you're pretty darn interesting yourself! Hugs!

 
At 2:26 PM, August 07, 2006, Blogger frog said...

I recognize myself in a LOT of these. So glad you found me!

 
At 3:20 PM, August 07, 2006, Blogger Zanne said...

Hey frog! I was relating to a lot of stuff on your blog too--really glad you stopped by! :D

 
At 7:50 PM, August 09, 2006, Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Great list there, missy. About bloody time you did it. ;)

 
At 6:28 PM, August 11, 2006, Blogger afuntanilla said...

z-really enjoyed reading your list. I have a crush on Alison Janney! Isn't she something. (for some reason, I am attracted to tall women :)
thanks for sharing your Self

 
At 3:34 PM, August 14, 2006, Blogger Zanne said...

You are most welcome--glad you found something to relate to! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Web Site Counter