Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Remember me?

It's been over 2 years since I posted anything and I'd imagine that anyone who used to visit here has long since given up on me. So I guess, at least for now, I'm just writing for me.

Why write at all? Maybe I just need a witness...

So much has changed over the last 2 years. It feels like my whole life has changed. I've completed 2 years of seminary and am now in my senior year. I've crammed my head full of facts, opened my heart to new people and places, loved and lost, and allowed myself to be formed into things I didn't know I was or could be.

And now here I am. My toes hanging over the precipice. I can't imagine jumping but it doesn't matter because the ground is going to give, one way or the other. A beloved priest friend likened this phase of my journey as unstoppable--like coming down the birth canal. My reponse? EWWW!!! I get what she meant but the visual was disconcerting to say the least! ... still, there are moments of feeling completely disoriented, squeezed to the point of expiration, and blinded by the brief glimpses of light at the end of the tunnel.

Very little has turned out to be the way I thought it was or would be. Note to self: the future is unlikely to be any different. I guess it's a good thing that I'm going into the "faith business." :)

But I can't end my first (only?) post back on such a glib note. I may be standing on the precipice but I don't stand, or fall for that matter, alone. If I've learned anything over the last few years it's that all of life is relationship--with each other, ourselves, and God. I spend my days in class and chapel with innumerable opportunities for connection and I am blessed. So, if when I'm home alone, done with my reading and paper writing for the day, I may just need to connect one more time. I think that's why I wrote...

7 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, September 17, 2009, Blogger Trop said...

I remember you! Good to see you.

 
At 2:54 AM, September 17, 2009, Blogger Random Reflections said...

Welcome back! I am glad things have gone so well for you.

I hope you do blog again, but whether you do or not, I wish you well.

 
At 10:23 AM, September 21, 2009, Anonymous merryn said...

I haven't given up on you! It is good to hear from you again.

 
At 6:53 PM, October 21, 2009, Blogger Zanne said...

Hey all! Thanks for coming back and sorry I didn't see your comments earlier!!!! Thanks for your good wishes and for not giving up on me! :D

 
At 1:03 PM, November 07, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write beautifully.

 
At 10:30 PM, April 16, 2011, Blogger Hardinata86 said...

your is the best

 
At 4:40 AM, July 13, 2012, Blogger Wholesale Jerseys said...

lunettes de soleil pas cher 2012 Recu le programme en excellent etat et en temps opportun.

lunettes de soleil Dior 2012 homme & femme

lunettes de soleil Louis Vuitton pas cher Point eautiful, expedition rapide, emballage tres bien, merci beaucoup!

lunettes de soleil Tom Ford pas cher 2012 homme & femme

lunettes de soleil Marc Jacobs pas cher 2012.



 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Web Site Counter